What we're expecting

What we're expecting

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hand-me-downs

I for one, have nothing against hand-me-downs.. Ever since I was a child, I was already used to it, being the youngest daughter in a brood of 3, I have an older brother, and an older sister. So most of my things which came from my sister were hand-me-downs. Whatever fits me, then I can still use it, but when I started growing bigger than her (and I still am until now), then that was the time when I had to stop using her clothes, shoes, etc.

As for our expected baby, we really saved a lot with her clothes because most of it were just given to us.. whether its new or used, we really didn't care because I had heard lots of advices from mothers/parents that its really not a practical/wise decision to buy newborn clothes because babies grow big fast, as in FAST.. most of them even said that most of the clothes they bought were worn only once or twice, which I have observed based on the clothes I've received, some of them even looks new. And babies always smell good and are always clean, so I dont think its even an issue to use someone else's clothes (as long as you wash them first of course, plus iron just to be on the safe side). The only thing which cannot be shared from one baby to another I believe is a used diaper. haha! Im not ashamed to take any free stuff when anybody offers to give us their baby's old items, even if we don't use it, then we can also hand it over to others who will have a better need for it later on.

Mind you, we didn't receive just clothes, but everything else from friends and even those we really didn't know (thanks to a facebook group in Oman called Muscat Mums, because they would even advertise free items they would want to get rid of) - bathing items, new diapers, cots/cribs, playards, car seats, shoes, and lots more.

In short: Baby has so many nice and cute clothes already, plus mom & dad were able to put her money into a better use - buying her other necessities and furniture, and saving it for her diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment