What we're expecting

What we're expecting

Monday, August 27, 2012

Baby Reese has finally arrived!

My due date was around 25-27th of July. Anyway, here's a recap of the events leading to the most awaited arrival:

July 2- had my 3D and 4D ultrasounds and already on my 37th week, which means that baby is already full term, yey! Good thing that I was able to experience 4D before I delivered. Found out that baby is doing well, already on the right position (head down) for coming out and confirmed its a girl (whew, what a relief! Haha!)

July 6 morning - Friday service and I scheduled myself to do one last visuals for the 9am service before I deliver my baby. So, so thankful to a brother in Christ, Sagar, who willingly accepted to step up and take my place while I'm on my maternity leave, and I'm sure God will bless him for his great work.

July 6 afternoon - Hubby's 2nd basketball game playing for Brgy. Ginebra in Seeb Basketball court which was a best of 3 game between them and Pinoy Kargo. They won, yey! If they didn't become champions that day, hubby was surely not allowed to play in the last game (probably will be July 13, since games are held only during Fridays) as I dont want to risk having my water bag/membrane rupture there and look like I peed on my pants or to feel labor pains and look stupid having to call my hubby out in the middle of the game, haha. Headed to Coach Art's home for the victory celebration, and for me, I see it more as my ticket to unlimited food intake because they always prioritize the kids plus the preggy one when it comes to food. How could I get so lucky, right? :)) Hoping it will not wear off after I deliver, haha.

July 7-11 - another work week, and hopefully my last for now. I did manage to come to work for 4 days and excuse my monday for a sick leave because I also had my weekly checkup that day.

July 9 - my weekly check up and my 1st IE experience (ouch!) and fetal heartbeat monitoring plus my contractions were monitored for around 20 mins.

July 11 - last workweek day! Good that I managed to prepare all my work endorsements before going home. I dont know why but I really felt that I will not be able to come to work on Saturday (July 14) as I have a feeling that I'll be delivering during the weekend (now I understand what they call as mother's instinct). So I told one of my staff to make sure that she already knows everything because I told her I have a gut feeling that I wont be in the office on Saturday (not just because Im feeling lazy again), and she said "No, you'll still be here on saturday I am sure".

July 12 - thursday and a weekend. Hubby and I planned to do some early morning walking. I woke up at 5am, couldn't return to sleep so I was able to do my walking and stairs climbing for 30mins at around 7:30am. My hubby on the other hand, did his part of walking in his sleep. Haha. After that, I had my breakfast and slept. I woke up around 3pm, peed and feeling hungry, I headed towards the dining room to see whatever I can have. While I was in the living/dining room, I felt a trickle of pee on my underwear, thinking to myself that maybe I wasn't able to release all my pee earlier but thinking that it could also mean my water bag breaking, I headed back towards our room's toilet. While I was in the toilet, the water just flowed and I wasn't able to stop any of it at all, so I realized that was not another pee, but my water bag. I didn't panic because I knew that it was only the start and because the color of the water was just clear white, nothing to be worried about. I then called my husband who was just right in time to reach home, told him what happened. I went to the toilet to take my bath and seeing me, hubby said you're still going to take a bath now (he didn't know anything about the signs or what will happen so he thought I was just plain crazy to even take a bath and not go to the hospital immediately)and I told him of course, first I dont want to deliver smelling awful today and embarass myself from the doctors and nurses, and second, I didnt plan to immediately take a bath after delivering just to be on the safe side. Upon reaching the hospital, I was then admitted and checked by my OB, and informed that I surely wasn't going to deliver that day. She knew that I really wanted to have a normal delivery but my contractions didn't start yet so she said she'll let the contractions start. As in I really felt no pain at all, so I kept joking that I was having a painless delivery, haha. Hubby posted my status on fb so that family and friends can also pray for me. Dr. said I need to get some sleep/rest for tomorrow's delivery, but how could I with all the anticipation, anyway she gave me a medicine to take so I was really able to doze off. By the way, I was just 1 cm when she checked me.

July 13 - The judgement day. Nurses checked if I was contracting early morning but I said I'm still not able to feel any pain.. Not even the slighest pain. Dr. checked as well and instructed that I start taking pitocin (to induce my labor or contractions) and hopefully my cervix would dilate to 10 cm within 6 hrs as she said final time will be up to 1pm only. If progress is not enough for a normal delivery, then I have no choice but have an emergency C-section. We prayed and we knew that whatever delivery its going to be, it is God's plan and at that point it doesn't matter already, as long as our baby's safe and healthy. After 6-7 hrs with pitocin, my cervix was only 2cm so there's no way I was going to have a normal delivery, and I accepted my fate. I trusted the doctors and prayed to God for a smooth operation.

I was then prepared for operation, injected at the back with a spinal block and then I went completely numb and sleepy but tried my best to stay awake during the operation so that I could hear my baby's first cry and see her at least. I just felt that the doctors were like pushing and pulling from my stomach, as if playing tug of war.. And finally, at 1:43pm, she came out of me with a cry and it felt so good because I knew that she was ok, and I could see her soon. They immediately cleaned her up, clothed her and finally showed her to me.. And though I was too groggy, I smiled when I saw her.. I tried to say something but no sound came from my mouth, but deep inside, I was bursting with joy.

And so, DANIELLE CERISSE, aka REESE came out into this world on July 13, 2012, Friday at 1:43 pm (Muscat time), weighing exactly 3 kg and measuring 50 cm.

Here is her picture right after she came out of mommy's tummy as captured by her happy daddy. She seemed different from most of the other babies because her eyes were wide open.



And some more photos during her first few days when we were still in the hospital, all captured during her favorite activity - sleeping. :)

We praise & thank God for such a wonderful daughter (and may I add cute, which is just a bonus) that He blessed us with, He really made all our waiting worth it.







No comments:

Post a Comment