What we're expecting

What we're expecting

Monday, June 25, 2012

Baby Bible verses

When I was planning for our 2nd Baby Shower (1st one was actually a surprise from our Basketball group friends), I wanted to use some Bible verses/quotes for our baby.. and so, here is my compiled and loved verses which I would use later on if needed.. Got it from the internet of course..
1 Samuel 1:27–28
"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." (NIV)
Psalm 127:3
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. (NLT)
Psalm 139:13
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. (NLT)
Jeremiah 1:5
"I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart ..." (NLT)
James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. (ESV)
Sweet sleep:
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.
~ Prov. 3:24 from NKJV

Mother’s womb:
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
~ Psalm 139:13 from NIV

Woman in labor:
A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
~ John 16:21 from NKJV

Blessing upon child:
The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.
~ Numbers 6:24-26 from NKJV

Wonderfully made:
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made
~ Psalm 139:14 from NKJV
In the womb:
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you...
~ Jeremiah 1:5 from NKJV

Prayed for this child:
For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition which I asked of Him.
~ 1 samuel 1:27 from NKJV
Heritage from the Lord:
Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
~ Psalm 127:3 from NKJV
Every good gift is from above:
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above
~ James 1:17 from NKJV

One blessing after another:
And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
~ John 1:16 from NKJV
Lord has called me from the womb:
The LORD has called Me from the womb; From the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.
~ Isaiah 49:1 from NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment